CTR Blog

CTR Blog

Friday, April 13, 2018

SSS

Student Success Statement 

"I have been asked what I mean by 'word of honor.' I will tell you. Place me behind prison walls--walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground--there is a possibility that in some way or another I may escape; but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it. Can I get out of the circle? No. Never! I'd die first!"

- Karl G. Measer

This is an outstanding quote by the former principal at BYU. This quote represents someones honesty and their honor. Karl Measer was a man of his word so feels that keeping your word to someone sis very important because they are depending on you. The example Karl gives in his quote is that if he were to go to prison he would eventually find a way out but if he were to give his promise to not leave he wouldn't because he does not break a promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Class Evaluation  1. I liked that in the computer class we didn't strictly focus on typing tutor. We found ways to work on typing s...